About Me

>> Tuesday, August 24, 2010

About me:


I am a married, a mom, nd work full time.We are very close. I saw a family motto on someone else’s blog (I wish I could give credit, but I cannot remember who’s blog) that best describes my feelings on my home and family:

No empty chairs.
Little Man:

PhotobucketHow this all got started:

He is the light of my life! I am probably like most of you, where I want “things” but have no “extra” money. Our circumstances may just be different. My husband and I both work for a Fortune 500 company that has also been listed on Fortune’s Best Places to Work, repeatedly. Due to the economic crisis, those who didn’t lose their jobs in layoffs were forced to take pay cuts, lose merit increases, stop of profit sharing, and no bonuses.

We were forced to change the way we lived in order to pay for basic necessities.

Couponing:

A friend came into work and said she saw a program on TV where someone went shopping and got her groceries close to free. Well, that’s all I need to hear and I researched. We started couponing to make our dollar stretch. We learned quickly that we can save a lot and sometimes get everything almost free! It helps us out and helps my kids out.

Crafts & Home Decor:

Challenge:

I want to challenge you like I do myself. When you go to a store, look at how something is made. Think to yourself, is this something I can copy? This way of thinking can be applied to a lot of items. Clothing, furniture, crafts, etc.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

How To Help

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Expensive Taste, Modest Means...The Art Of Living Thrifty