Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables

>> Thursday, September 16, 2010




Remember yesterday I said that we were trying to eat lighter and healthier? Last night's dinner recipe is courtesy of  Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes.  Although I am not following the WW PLAN, this is a healthy choice meal and is a complete meal in one pan, perfect to make on a busy weeknight. Prep time is quick, throw it in the oven and it's ready in 35-40 minutes. For easy clean up you can make this in disposable tins.

Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 5  Size: 2 thighs plus vegetables  Points: 8 ww pts
Calories: 347.1 • Fat: 17.0g  Protein: 31.1 g  Carb: 19.2 g  Fiber: 5.8 g 

  • 10 (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut in half
  • 3 red bell peppers
  • 1 cup carrots, sliced in half long way
  • 2 red onions, chopped in large chunks
  • 1 package sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 tbsp fresh rosemary
  • 2 cloves garlic, smashed and sliced
  • 2 tbsp oregano or thyme
  • 4 leaves fresh sage, chopped
Preheat oven to 425°. Wash and dry the chicken well with a paper towel. Combine all the ingredients together and using your hands and arrange in a very large roasting pan. The vegetables should not touch chicken or it will steam. All ingredients should bespread out in a single layer, if necessary use two baking dishes or disposable tins to achieve this. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes. 


File:5 stars.svg

4 comments:

Unknown September 16, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

I am your newest follower from the Friday Blog Hop. I hope you can follow me back at http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com/.
God Bless,
Shelley

Sassy Sites! September 17, 2010 at 12:23 AM  

I am coming from Social Parade blog hop! I am hosting a blog hop over at Sassy Sites too! I would love to have you join us! Come by and say hi and meet LOTS of other great crafters! Your blog is way cute! Happy Friday! xoxo

Marni @ Sassy Sites!
http://sassysites.blogspot.com

gail@My Repurposed Life September 18, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

I'm such a boring cook. I never experiment or try anything new! sad, isn't it?
thanks for linking up!
gail

Hanna September 24, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

Hi there! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog Hop!! Lovely Blog! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

YUM. I post recipes too! Love yours!

Post a Comment

How To Help

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Expensive Taste, Modest Means...The Art Of Living Thrifty